4 Homemade Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products. Cleaning your house is the key to remain healthy. There are different household appliances and objects that need a different kind of cleaning agents depending on the texture of the product and type of dirt accumulated on the product. For example, a floor carpet accumulates dirt and moisture for a long period. To clean such moisture stubborn dirt you need to put specialized cleaning agents.
Now common commercial cleaners that are sold in Singapore are mostly loaded with toxic chemicals and polluting substances. Though they are designed to make your domestic life easier but did you know these chemical-based products can contribute to long-term health concerns to you and your family? Yes, you heard it right! One out of three people suffers from allergies, sinusitis, asthma or bronchitis due to the chemical reactions from these artificial cleaning agents. These synthetic chemicals trigger the growth of bacteria in the body thereby creating a lot of health issues.
But don’t worry! There are several eco-friendly cleaning products that act as a safer and healthier alternative to harmful cleaning products. The best part is these products are available at every home since we use it on a day-to-day basis.
Top 4 Homemade Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products –
Products that is easy to make:
Homemade DIY products are not only eco-friendly but they are also cheaper and convenient to use. Here is top four homemade absolutely eco-friendly cleaning product that can change your life:
1. Baking Soda–
Trusted for centuries, baking soda is a great natural eco –friendly cleaning agent. Apart from using it in your grandma’s favorite choco-chip cookies, baking soda mixture can be used to clean stains, smells and as a scrubbing agent for dishes and kitchen surfaces.
- As it is an abrasive natural deodorizer you can simply use it to remove foul smell from the fridge. Just mix half a cup of baking soda with two cups of water and pour it into a water spray bottle. Now spray the solution inside your fridge after removing all the cans and food from your fridge. Keep the door closed for a good five hours. All the foul smell will be gone!
- Next, you can even mix some baking soda with dishwashers to get rid of greasy dishes.
- Baking soda solution is also helpful to remove mildew formation.
- Also when you add some baking soda in your washing machine, it will bring brightness to your clothes both whites and colored ones.
2. White Vinegar–
Just like baking soda, distilled white vinegar is both inexpensive and has versatile uses. It is a non-toxic disinfecting agent that can be used with several other cleaning agents to clean household objects. Here are some of its uses:
- Mix half a cup of distilled white vinegar with half a cup of water. Now pour it into a spray can and spray the mixture on your greasy and dirt accumulated window and door glasses. You can see the shine once you swipe the solution with a sponge.
- Distilled white vinegar when mixed with some baking soda also acts as a great mildew removal. Sometimes mildew formation occurred from water leakage below the floor carpet can damp your carpet and result in foul smell. Pouring vinegar solution on your damped carpet and letting it sit overnight can remove the foul smell completely. The next morning you can use a vacuum cleaner to clear out the dirt.
- Distilled white vinegar can also prevent wax build-up or removal.
Apart from using cornstarch in your fries, you can also use it also a cleaning agent. Cornstarch has an excellent ability to absorb moisture. You can use cornstarch mixture on damped carpet or damped upholstered sofa to draw away the moisture. In case your damped sofa or carpet gets smell you can add cornstarch as a natural deodorant.
Cornstarch is also great for tackling oily spills & smears. Just sprinkle a good amount of cornstarch powder on the oil-stained area and let it sit for an hour. It will remove the greasiness or oil stain.
4. Hydrogen peroxide–
Apart from using Hydrogen peroxide as a disinfectant agent for wounds, it can also be used to disinfect your bathroom or kitchen. Its mild bleaching effect acts a great stain removal on fabrics & grout. The only thing is you need to be a little careful while using it since it can cause respiratory or skin irritation in some.