Roller blinds offer elegant, simple window coverings that can easily fit in with nearly every decor. Cleaning techniques for roller blinds depend largely upon the material they’re made of. If this material can be submerged in the water, then follow the cleaning instructions described below.
Some Singapore blinds nowadays are made using stiffer fabrics that cannot become saturated with water. If you have installed these types of blinds, then spot cleaning is the best option for you. This type of fabric is easily wipe able so you can do that easily using a damp cloth without taking your blinds down. You just need to unfurl the blind fully and then wipe it using a clean cloth. However, for best results rinse out any dirt from this cloth between wipes.
For cleaning condo blinds made using washable material, you will need:
• Bleach (optional)
• Mild laundry detergent
• Old toothbrush
• Sponge or soft cloths
• Vacuum with brush attachment
• Bath tub
• Drying rack or outside clothesline
• Warm water
• Family member to help (optional)
Steps to Clean the Roller Blinds:
* If your blinds are too dirty, you should begin the cleaning process by thoroughly vacuuming them to remove all surface dirt.
* Now, remove the blinds from the roller and lay them carefully on the floor.
* Brush its surface using special brush attachment on the vacuum. This will loosen all the dirt, and make washing process easy.
* Next, fill your bathtub about half with warm water.
* Add quality laundry detergent to the water and mix it thoroughly until suds begin to form on the surface. You can also add small amounts of bleach to this water.
* Next, carefully lay all your blinds in this tub. If your blinds are long, you can loosely layer each one of them in an accordion fashion.
* Allow them to soak in this soapy water for few hours.
* Next, start from one end of each blind and gently wipe it back and forth using a sponge or a soft cloth. This will help in removing stains and/or remaining dirt.
* For removing tough stains from roller blinds, you should scrub them gently using an old toothbrush.
* Drain all the sudsy water from the tub.
* Now fill the tub with clean water and rinse all the blinds one-by-one until all the soap is removed. This is important because if soap residue remains in blind, it will act as a magnet to dust and dirt particles.
* If you have a family member or friend to assist, the blinds can also be held up and rinsed using a shower sprayer for much better soap removal.
* Lay all the blinds outside on a clothesline or a drying rack until they’re completely dried.
* Attach clean roller blinds onto the roller and reinstall them over the window.
Additional Cleaning Tips and Ideas
* Regular cleanings can help keep major stains and dirt from building up on roller blinds.
* Avoid using harsh cleaning agents on the fabric as it may permanently damage the material.
* Always use color-safe bleach for added cleaning power on your colored blinds.
* For paper blinds, always spot clean with a moist cloth and allow them to dry completely before reinstalling them over the window.
If you feel basic cleaning methods are not working, or the grime is simply too stubborn, you can use the services of a professional cleaning company in Singapore. Some people believe that it’s not within their budget, but it’s a fact that professional cleaners charge reasonable rates.
However, whether you can afford a professional cleaning company or not will depend upon your budget, so don’t steer away from this option just because others believe professionals aren’t in their budget. It’s best to seek quotes from few blind cleaning specialists to get a rough idea on the varied pricing.
Many companies use their own specialized equipment and resources to clean your blinds. As some blinds are made using delicate fabrics, professionals will use specific cleaning techniques that suit your specific blind type. This will ensure a long life for your blinds.
Some people prefer to hire professionals each time their roller blinds look a bit scruffy, while others might try to do it themselves to save costs. At the same time there are many who believe their blinds will never look clean unless they’re handled by experts.
It’s up to you whether you can easily tackle the task of cleaning your roller blinds yourself, but you should definitely look into both the options before selecting your approach. However it’s important to keep in mind that blinds do need cleaning, so don’t try to forget this aspect of your home! If you are moving out of a rental property and need an end of lease clean then this job will also be included.
At………………………………. you can have this service included as part of some of the cleaning services provided.