Are you living in Singapore and you want information about molds and how to remove them from the walls and other surfaces in your residential or commercial house? Herein is a great information that is going to give a permanent solution to your problems.
First and foremost, water is life. Water gives you a life but it can also be disastrous. Water a times turn to be your top enemy because water leakages leads to growth and development of molds. Mold in turn causes lot of damages to your office premise or your home. These molds can also become the breathing ground of allergens and irritants. It can also bring long lasting effects to every individual who inhales microscopic mold spores.
It is crucial to note that a simple plumbing leak can easily wreak Havoc on your house within a week. This is because standing waters have been known to present a pleasant environment for the fungi to thrive. Well, small amount of mold may not necessarily hurt you; but we must know mold multiplies easily if left unchecked. This may cause respiratory problems without notice. It can also lead to breakdown of our nervous system and cause allergic reactions. With these, we should never underestimate the hazards being caused by the mold. We should always allow the experts to attend to the molds immediately we realize.
To put it simple, mold is a fungus that likes moist environment. Apart from health hazards, Mold also destroys the surfaces that it gets attached to. Surfaces such as paints, metals and wood are affected by the fungi. When molds starts growing along the walls of your building or any other painted surface then it means there is a source of moisture which is seeping into that building; this is to say you have a moisture problem.
On discovering the presence of mold problems on the surfaces of your house, you will make a final decision on whether to re-paint or not depending on the level of damages the Mold and Mildew caused on the surface. It is important to note that you should not embark on repainting or whatever the decision you have made before removing the molds that exist. To remove or kill the mold then you need to have some best mechanisms that are used here in Singapore.
BEST PRACTICES IN KILLING MOLD
The following are the best steps to undertake;
– First step in trying to fix this problem is by tracing the source of the moist that facilitated the growth of the Mold and Mildew
– After identification, you should fix that source permanently so that it cannot occur again
– After fixing moist problems, you are assured of readiness to remove the mold from the surface affected
PRACTICES THAT MUST BE AVOIDED
We are going to discuss the best practices of killing mold; but let us see which practices must we avoid first.
– We should not remove mold when it is dry. This help us to avoid the vaporization and scattering of the mold into air
– We should not use sandpaper in the process of removing mold. This is because the sanding motion is just going to embed mold spores once again in the affected surfaces
– We should avoid using putty knives when scraping mold. This is because it will either damage the affected surface or gouge the paints
WHAT TO DO TO REMOVE MOLD
Here, we have two best options;
– Using a damp clothing to wipe the mold that might have tried up on the surface. Wipe them away.
– Choosing the right formula for cleaning mold.
Well, we all know it has been a practice to use bleach and water as a cleaning solution. This one is best when we are cleaning mold from surfaces which are hard. For surfaces such as wood, bleach and water solution is going to removes molds on surfaces but not that one which has already embedded the material. If you are intending not to paint then be sure bleach and water solution is going to result to discoloration as well as fading of the paint. There is an alternative for bleach. There are versions that are made with sodium Met-silicate; highly alkaline. There exist also some green products in the market which can remove and eradicate the mold permanently. The effectiveness of these products is yet to be proved.
– Using a soft scratchy Pad to clean off mold from painted surfaces. After you have wiped the surface thoroughly, just rinse a rag in clean water and dip it back to the cleaning solution. Rinse severally.
– After you have you the cleaning solution, allow the surface to dry out fully
– Before you repaint, if at all you decided to paint, monitor affected surface for up to 7 days to ensure there is no possibility of the mold growing again. If you realize the mold is appearing again then you should know the moisture problem is not yet solved. Go back to drawing board and repeat the cycle of deep cleaning. While cleaning, trace the source of moisture problem well.
The cleaning cycle outlined above can take you 14 days. It depends on extent of mold problem.
USING APPROPRIATE PAINT FOR MOLD PRONE AREAS
It is an added security to prevent continuous growth of mold by using paints that are going to prevent further growth of mold. We can as well add mildew addictives to the paints so as to reinforce anti-mildew properties of paints to inhibit growth.
SUMMARIZED ACTION STEPS TO REMOVE MOLD
I. Invite experts to thoroughly inspect your building to ensure it is safe for use
II. Call plumbers to test your potable water supply. If possible install a filtration system
III. Do not attempt to use your Air conditioning System if you suspect it is contaminated with mold
IV. Call Mold cleaning experts who use state of art machines in identifying, containing and isolating mold growths.
Mold thrives smart in humid conditions. This is why Singaporeans have to be extra vigilant of these risks and how to best curb them. The key to prevent mold is to watch the plumbing leaks that are causing standing water. Remember even a small leak is likely to cause devastating effects. Ensure you remove unwanted and excess water near your premise.
Additionally, you should try to keep humidity conditions at 45 to prevent mold growth. Immediately you notice mold in plumbing leak, take a step of calling plumber for quick repairs or else all your efforts will be in vain. Remember mold grow rapidly and if not controlled early it will become difficult.it can travel via air and stick to many surfaces including your air Conditioner vents and ducts. Mold should be addressed swiftly as it is ever present. Ensure you always engage in Removing Mold so as to stay in a free, healthy and safe mold free environment.