How much does it cost for mattress cleaning in Singapore? Nobody regardless of where you come from wants to sleep on a dirty mattress night after night. Sleep is one of the most precious things about each and every human being. After a day full of hustle and bustle either at work or at school, proper quality sleep is all that one needs. Discomforts due to a dirty mattress are some of the things that could displease you during your sweet sleep.
Cleaning a mattress takes away all forms of bad odor and dirt that are present within the mattress. It also removes pests such as bedbugs, which can totally destroy your life by sleeping. This activity is not as easy as it sounds, there are professionals to undertake the task, which might seem very small but is in a real sense very crucial and difficult at the same time. Here are some of the disastrous issues that mattress cleaning resolves:
• Bed bugs and dust mites, which bite people and make sleeping unbearable
• The removal of any dust and allergic substances which are harmful
• Elimination of any present viruses and bacteria
• Poor sanitation and state of the mattress.
If the dust mites, as an example, were left to live in your bed, they would slowly multiply as they feed on skin, which you shed during your sleep, which is an average of 10 grams a week, more than enough to keep them alive. Dust mites do not carry diseases but cause allergic reactions such as asthmatics.
The cost of cleaning a bunk bed, or a small mattress is most often $75 SGD. Single and double mattresses have a price range of $60-$100. A queen-size mattress costs around $100 SGD as well as a king-size bed at $120 SGD.
Hiring professionals may be a bit more expensive, especially if there are stains involved, more specifically pee stains. This is because the professionals will have to use disinfectants with anti-allergens and detergents to remove the stains depending on their degree of seriousness.
Some professional mattress cleaners also use UV-C light. This type of light destroys the DNAs of all bacteria and pathogens residing in your mattress. Though expensive, this method is much more efficient than the usual mattress cleaning.
On the other hand, do not be cheated by people who claim to perfectly clean mattresses using steam. Steam is simply vaporized water, which later on gets trapped within the mattress and creates dampness. This is a perfect environment for bacteria and these are simply con artists who want to take away your money.
The layman’s way of cleaning a mattress is by using an iron and turning up its temperatures to the maximum, after which you spread a bed sheet onto your bed and pass the iron all over the mattress pressing it very hard. High temperatures kill bacteria very fast and though not 100% effective, this method is a fast and cheap way of easily making your mattress a little bit cleaner than it already was.
All in all, cleaning a mattress is a necessity that is unavoidable. Keeping dirt away from your mattress is actually the first step in cleaning, avoiding eating or drinking in your bed, and also letting the pets sleep in their cots. It’s no use sleeping with the enemy if it causes you to discomfort much later.
If you periodically have to undertake mattress cleaning, then it is much more advisable that you purchase your cleaning materials. This will prove to be much more favorable and pocket friendly as you will not have to hire professionals all the time to do the job for you.
This is especially for those people who often have pets on their beds. Pets carry around many insects and germs on their fur, especially dogs and cats, such include fleas and mites depending on the cleanliness condition of the animal.
Lastly, you will need to buy a stain-remover, some towels, an anti-allergen spray, a brush, and a hair dryer or fan. The job is as easy as applying the stain remover and brushing if necessary, after which you can leave the mattress to dry as you undertake other chores.
The anti-allergen can be sprayed at least once a week in the morning after waking up. This will destroy any pests or parasites and will make the mattress unfavorable for them to stay in.
Also, watch this video:
How to professionally clean a mattress?
Fresh clean sheets are one of the simplest joys in life. But what about the mattress itself? The National Sleep Foundation reports that we spend about a third of our lives sleeping, which means we’re spending a lot of time on our mattresses! Over time, your mattress can become home to all sorts of things – skin cells, sweat, dust mites, and even mold or mildew. Not to mention the occasional spill. All of this can lead to your mattress looking and feeling less than fresh. That’s why it’s important to clean your mattress regularly.
What is the average lifespan of a mattress?
Most mattresses will last for about 7-10 years before needing to be replaced. However, this can vary depending on the type of mattress and how well you take care of it. For example, a quality memory foam mattress may last longer than a cheaper spring mattress. But if you don’t clean your mattress regularly, it will degrade more quickly.
How often should you replace a mattress?
On average, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, this number can vary depending on the type of mattress you have, how often you use it, and how well you take care of it. For example, if you have a high-quality mattress that you take care of properly, it could last up to 15 years. On the other hand, if you have a lower-quality mattress that you use often, it may only last 5 years.
What are some signs that it’s time to replace your mattress?
There are a few different signs that it’s time to replace your mattress:
- You’re not sleeping as well as you used to. If you’re noticing that you’re not sleeping as well as you used to, it could be time for a new mattress. Your mattress may not be providing the support or comfort that it once did, which can lead to restless nights.
- You’re waking up with aches and pains. If you find that you’re waking up with aches and pains, it’s likely due to your mattress. A new mattress can provide the support and comfort you need to avoid waking up in pain.
- Your mattress is visibly worn out. If you take a look at your mattress and it’s visibly worn out, it’s time for a replacement. Things like sagging, lumpiness, and cracks are all signs that your mattress is past its prime.
How to make your mattress last longer?
Here are some tips to make your mattress last longer:
- Use a mattress protector. A mattress protector will help keep your mattress clean and free of stains.
- Vacuum your mattress regularly. This will help remove dust and dirt that can build up over time.
- Spot clean your mattress as needed. If you spill something on your mattress, be sure to clean it up as soon as possible.
- Flip and rotate your mattress periodically. This will help evenly distribute wear and tear.
- Avoid jumping on or sitting on the edge of your mattress. This can damage the structure of your mattress over time.
- Follow the care instructions from your mattress manufacturer. This will help ensure that your mattress is properly cared for.
What are the best mattress cleaning methods?
There are a few different ways that you can clean your mattress, but some methods are more effective than others. Here are a few of the best ways to clean your mattress:
- Vacuum regularly. This is one of the best ways to remove dirt, dust, and other debris from your mattress. Be sure to vacuum both the top and the bottom of the mattress.
- Spot clean spills and stains immediately. If you spill something on your mattress, it’s important to clean it up right away. Use a mild soap and water solution to spot clean any spills or stains.
- Use a mattress protector. A mattress protector can help to keep your mattress clean and free of stains. It’s good to use a mattress protector if you have pets or children.
- Schedule a professional cleaning. Deep and steam cleaning your mattress every few months can help to keep it in top condition. This is especially important if you have allergies or asthma.
Can mattresses be steam cleaned?
Most professional cleaners will use a steam cleaning machine to clean your mattress. This is because steam cleaning is an effective way to remove dirt, dust, and other allergens from the mattress. Steam cleaning also helps to kill any bacteria or viruses that may be present on the mattress.
How to deep clean a used mattress?
Deep cleaning involves more than just spot cleaning. You will need to remove all the sheets and bedding, then use a powerful vacuum cleaner with an attachment to reach all the nooks and crannies. If there are any stains, treat them with a stain remover before vacuuming. Once you have vacuumed the entire mattress, you can use a steam cleaner to disinfect and deep clean it. Finally, allow the mattress to air dry completely before putting on fresh bedding.
How long does it take for a mattress to dry?
It can take anywhere from 6 to 8 hours for a mattress to dry completely. However, this will depend on the type of mattress you have as well as the humidity and temperature of the room. If possible, try to air out the mattress in a well-ventilated area or in direct sunlight. This will help speed up the drying process. Sometimes, it may take longer for a mattress to dry if it is very thick or has a lot of padding. In this case, you may need to use a fan to help speed up the drying process. Just be sure not to overdo it, as this could damage the material.
How often do you clean a memory foam mattress?
Ideally, you should clean your memory foam mattress at least once every three months. However, this will depend on how often you use it and how many people sleep on it. If you have pets or children, you may need to clean it more often.
How to do mattress sanitizing?
Sanitizing your mattress is important to prevent the growth of bacteria and dust mites. There are a few ways you can sanitize your mattress:
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a dust mite attachment. Vacuum the entire surface of the mattress, including the sides and seams.
- Use a steam cleaner on your mattress. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use an upholstery cleaner or enzyme cleaner on your mattress.
How to remove urine from a mattress?
You may need to remove urine from your mattress for several reasons. Perhaps you have a new baby and want to protect your investment, or maybe your pet had an accident. Regardless of the reason, you’ll need to act quickly to remove the urine and prevent any permanent damage.
Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to clean up the mess and remove the urine odor.
-Blot the area with a clean, dry towel.
-Mix a solution of 1 part white vinegar to 3 parts water.
-Apply the solution to the affected area with a spray bottle.
-Let the solution soak into the mattress for 30 minutes.
-Blot the area again with a clean towel.
-Vacuum the area to remove any remaining moisture.
-Place a fan in the room to help the mattress dry faster.
-If the smell remains, dust the area with baking soda and vacuum it up after a few hours.
Following these steps should help remove the urine and any accompanying odors from your mattress. If the problem persists, or if you have any other concerns, be sure to consult a professional. If you need help cleaning your mattress, you may call us today at +65 8488 8444.